Today’s links of interest:
- Publishing: Books for Teens Are a Bright Spot
OMG! Teens are reading. Stop press.
- Book Brahmins: Matthew Sharpe
Funniest thing we’ve read all day, courtesy of Matthew Sharpe, author of "Jamestown".
- Help Me Write: Autobiographies : OUPblog
- Book clubs: The final chapter?
The direct sales model, in the form of clubs, may no longer work for the reading public. However, the direct sales model might be about to see new life.
- Sony Pictures gets Goosebumps
And kids (plus more than a few adults) rejoice.
- Publishers rebuff Amazon
In the UK, Amazon continues its streak of angering those who depend upon the giant for their profitability.
- How the Self-Published Debut Daemon Earned Serious Geek Cred
Or, you too can succeed without support of the publishing establishment.
- The Future of Reading
Ezra Klein looks at the future of books as a either/and sort of world, which, duh, yeah, what did you expect to happen?