Todays links of interest:
- Google Enters the Ebook Market
At Dear Author, Jane contemplates the entry of Google into the book market and what it means.
- Soapbox: How to Be A Great Local Author
The scary part of reading this is that, one suspects, each commandment is based on a true story.
- BookCamp Toronto report
Post BookCamp Toronto, Liza Daly wonders why we aren’t hearing more questions about how to make the digital process better and less expensive.
- The Book Trade Directory is a Who’s Who of Publishing Professionals on Twitter
We kick off the grand opening of Booksquare University with a terrific interview with Jennifer Tribe. If you (or someone you know!) isn’t on Twitter, this interview will change your mind.
- Young-Adult Fiction Takes a Dark Turn
Katie Roiphe reviews some current young adult titles and finds darkness, bleakness, and hope…yet treats these stories like a newfangled direction in the genre. Uh?
- My Book Expo Hangover – and Wish
Charlotte Abbott writes thoughtfully about the lingering after-effects of BEA — change, change, change!
- Literary publisher Arcade files for bankruptcy
Very sad news as the company continues to real from the death of founder Richard Seaver.